Hand and wrist pain is most often due to sudden injuries like sprains and strains. Long-term problems, such as repetitive motions, arthritis in the joints, and carpal tunnel syndrome, and genetic conditions can also be the reason for the pain you’re experiencing.
When it comes to treating the hands and wrists, seeing a specialist will help you get the best results, as both areas are complex and need that specialized attention. Even the most minor injuries and conditions will best benefit from a hand and wrist specialist.
At Logansport Memorial Hospital, we offer a wide range of hand and wrist treatments and services, including physical therapy, injections for joint pain, and surgical treatment options. Our hand expert, Dr. Ganesh Ramachandran, is board-certified in orthopedic surgery with fellowship training in hand and microsurgery.
Convenient hand and wrist care
Our hand expert performs a wide variety of surgical and non-surgical procedures for hand and wrist conditions including:
- Emergency treatment for minor and major injuries including complex fractures, nerve, artery, and tendon injuries
- Restoration of function following disabling injuries
- Treatment of repetitive motion injuries including carpal tunnel syndrome and trigger finger entrapment
- Arthritis treatment, including joint replacements of the fingers and thumb, and wrist
- Removal of ganglion cysts, tumors, and lesions
- Scar removal and revision
- Treatment of upper extremity conditions like de Quervin’s tendonitis, Dupuytren’s contracture of the hand and wrist, tennis elbow, and cartilage and ligament injuries in the wrist
- Arthroscopy of the wrist