What is a medical home?
A “medical home” is a medical office or clinic where a team of health professionals work together to provide a new, expanded type of care to patients. Having a medical home gives you the familiar and comfortable relationship that you have with your family doctor, but also includes a coordinated team of other professionals behind the care that you receive. This team uses modern communication techniques to provide the best possible care for you in our office.
When you take an active role in your health and work closely with us, you can be sure that you’re getting the care that you need.
See the difference
This infographic provides a detailed visualization of how being part of a medical home works. You can learn more about who is involved, and how you'll benefit from it. Download the full version.
What does this mean for me?
More Efficient Care
- Same day appointments
- After-hours access coverage
- Tracking of image/lab services
- After-hours access 365-days with urgent care and emergency services
More informed care
- Access to Electronic Medical Records (EMR) for you, your family members and care team
- Electronic prescriptions
- Evidence-based decision support • Patient portal
Better Coordinated Care
- Multi-specialty team led by your primary care provider
- Shared goals
- Improved communication with specialists and inpatient facilities
- Patient and family involvement
- Long-term provider-patient relationships, instead of episodic care
Higher Quality Care
- Medication management
- Holistic care
- Proactive disease management
- Patient satisfaction feedback
- Quality improvement measures
- Wellness and preventative care